4/19/09

in summer

in summer, when the kids got bored, they'd shut the garage and light up.
man when i biked down my friend didnt recognize me she drank from the bottle,
her fingers were charred, her shirt was off. her mom dont care, her
dad died last year. her friends, they left theirs on the ground and watched the
smoke gather on the ceiling; once in a while they screamed - i left. school started,
i saw her she jogged around our block and something grew in her abdomen
so she waved but i didnt. when we sat in the garage last summer with the
door closed we were playing cards and her eyes were red only when she cried.

1 comment:

  1. You have a lovely way of writing. But this is so sad. I hope your friend is okay. I like your perspective on your photos.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete